Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Mary Janes




I still remember how these shoes had part in me. When it seemed i can wear it with anything. A-line plaid skirt, stockings, ruffled white top; goes well in uniforms. Very chic. Very young. Very old school. (so last season!)

It was useful. It was good. It was old.

For a long time, i kept it. Locked in its box. Away.

I did not even bother to look at it. Or to use it (again). But these shoes still know how to get on me. Tempting me to try (again) another fit. I stared at it. Looked at its marks caused by old times.

Stained.

I remember the longest walk in these shoes. Tiring. Painful. Until i gave up and removed it. There won't be any way to regain its value.

Old.

Worthless.

I am done with my Mary Janes. I just have to keep it until i'll forget i even had a pair.

Dear You,
As much as you want to try it the right way this time... It won't ever have that "perfect" fit.
Thank you for the apologies i have been wanted to hear.
No more bitterness. No remorse. we are done.
Just let me.

Until here,
Me.






0 comments: