Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shoe Love is True Love.


For almost a month, I have been praying every day and night to let me feel and discern the right thing to do. I was staggered that there was a certain part of me that was suddenly not sure of my happy ending. When you’re in pain, it seems to be the right time to self-assess as well, which is a good way to do. Believe me, I did.
I cannot deny that there are still days I still feel the pain and betrayal. There are still times I couldn’t help but feel sad. But I knew in my heart, there is this part that never wanted me to just give up. Because no one can ever stop me from my happy ending. Or maybe, that pain was not even close to the happiness I had and I know I will still have.

I prayed to feel that certainty again. To feel that same emotion I had from the start; that excitement; that confidence that this is really happening. I have to admit, I was terrified that I just didn’t feel it anymore. And it almost broke me. Broke us. Behind my smiles and laughter, I knew the evil side of me was pushing me to walk away or to declare my sweet revenge. I was so close to it, but there was one thing that kept me going, just going- LOVE. Because it never fades, it NEVER should!

No pair ever promises of a walk to heaven. Every heel bites in some way. But still, I have to stand and walk and once again believe.  Cliché as it may sound, time will heal my once bruised foot and time will also dictate when is the moment to forget.  For now, I will love more. Love each sole. Each story. Because my shoe love is true love. Love until I bestow that trust again and patch the crack of my broken shoe.

0 comments: